View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 06:07 PM
Ben
ben tay/lor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosox Blair View Post
This has come up tangentially in other threads - the changes over the years are confusing when trying to ensure PSA cards are legit. Is there a thread anywhere on this Board, or a webpage anyone knows of where the changes over the years are discussed and illustrated with scans?

If not, I was thinking of starting on that with this thread. Please reply if you know of something already out there.

Cheers,
Blair
I believe I have a style 6 according to your thread. One interesting quirk about my flip is that it is "bumpy" or "wavy" which I have seen discussed once or twice on this board. I checked the ink/spacing/font under magnification and there are no errors like the forged examples I’ve seen. The card is authentic 1969 Topps and holds true to PSA 8 standards. Plastic has the PSA logo in correct spots and no signs of scratching from reholder. I think board consensus on bumpys is likely human error but these slips always give me irrational pause…anyone else?

I agree with your theory on style 7 that the “numerical grade has been moved down to the line below the letters of the grade” but I think on the longer lines like "NM - MT" one it reverts back to the older spacing.

Good looking out Blair and I hope this thread continues to move forward.