View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Default Good Luck to Everyone on the New Board

Posted By: T206Collector

In another thread, Leon said one of the reasons this website "sucked" was because he cannot do "sticky" threads, but I have to say I am not crazy about them either -- just another clog between my first click onto the site and my first click onto a new thread.

The "home page" for the new website has just one thread that you see before you have to scroll down and it is the "sticky" thread. When you enter the old website, on the home page ("above the fold" in newspaper parlance) you see 4 or 5 threads before you have to scroll. The importance of speed to goal over the internet is so important.

I'm really not trying to be a fly in the ointment. I just hope that some consideration is given to what really made this website an enjoyable experience for so many. You use the analogy of new cars, but I use the analogy of Google. I also happen to really like the Firefox home page for the same reason -- simplicity and efficiency.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visithttp://www.t206collector.com for Net54 T206 archive, signed deadball card galleries, articles and more!