View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 02:29 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
Nice post, Dale. Yes, I also agree that McDavid's cards are overpriced now. If McDavid does not win the cup in the next 2-3 years, then we will see collectors get nervous and start dumping these cards on eBay, in my opinion.

I think getting Crosby's The Cup Rookie for around $3,000 or so is a good deal. He can still win another cup (or two) and then the value of this card will increase, for sure.
Thanks, Samosa, and I agree. Just wish I could say I owned one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
i don't know, for every orr or mcdavid there's a alexander daigle or jason bonsignore. most #1 picks in basketball are at least all stars bordering on HOF'ers, while in hockey you have solid guys like ed jovanovski and roman hamrlik. solid nhl players but nowhere near the franchise changer.

i do agree mcdavid outselling crosby is a joke. i would think crosby's career would be in the 90th+ percentile of mcdavid's career projection. if mcdavid somehow surpasses even that he'll be a top 2-3 players in hockey history....then you're talking about gretzky orr lemieux howe.

edit: i LOVE hockey, and hockey players, and hockey cards...but base on my experience you should not be investing in hockey cards!
I think the whole Daigle situation/hype embarrassed the NHL, as, imo, they seem much more careful nowadays when they are touting/spouting off about the next best thing to come along.

The Daigle era was at a funny time in the NHL. They were trying to expand/popularize the game but unfortunately, this backfired on them.

Remember the Manon Rheaume hype as well?