View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 01:44 AM
Rob Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysblue View Post
Not sure why, but I am enjoying this thread. Old guys and their aches and pains.

Last year I was out on my bicycle and I got to the top of a hill. Took a bit of a breather and pulled out my water bottle for a couple of sips. Foolishly started down the hill with water bottle still in hand. After I picked up some speed I took both hands off bike and took another sip of water. Went into a "speed wobble" and could not regain control. Flying down hill by this point and inevitably lost total control and crashed. Thankfully a passerby stopped to help me and called an ambulance. No breaks, but raw skin everywhere and ended up on IV for ten days due to infection. Body still shows multiple signs of trauma. Painful.
I did this, sort of. I laid down my motorcycle at 155 MPH. I wasn't drinking anything, but the "death wobble" is a real thing. I was young and very, very stupid. I was also in shock. I got back on the bike and rode to a friends house. I walked in, and was covered in blood. He said I think you should go in. I guess I passed out. You could see some of my bones, the skin was scraped off all the way down to them. The actual worst pain may have been when they were scrubbing the open wounds with a brillo pad to get any tar out. I hated my life for about 2 weeks.