View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 09:19 AM
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcarfagno View Post
Right. Because the players are the keepers of baseball knowledge.
This is the Baseball HOF and wins do matter to baseball players. This isn't the writers HOF or the Analytics HOF. Is a person a great baseball player or not?

When a starting pitcher does his job his team more than likely wins. Especially in the 80's when starters lasted more than 6 innings.

Of the hundreds of games I have started pitching in my lifetime, including college and current Federation league, I can probably count on one hand the number of losses I have taken that were not my fault. If I lose 1-0 then I shouldn't have given up that one run. Some people believe the team should have scored more, but that is not the mindset of a good starting pitcher or baseball players. All the analytics say it was a great start, but baseball players don't care....it wasn't a WIN.

My site: http://www.freewebs.com/gnep31/

Successful trades/transactions: Mountaineer1999, BlueDevel89, ezez420, Shorttmail66, Northviewcats, Mintacular, Elberson, NATCARD, Oneofthree67, Leerob538, shammus, Hawkfan70, 39special, scmavl, jimtigers65, rocuan