View Single Post
Old 11-22-2022, 10:16 AM
Jeremy

I'd say the worst pain I've ever had is a recurring one. I used to work at UPS back in the day as a loader and it was the end of the night and a long piece of metal that was boxed up came down the belt, it was about 12 feet long and weighed about 200 lbs. We are taught to test the weight of heavy packages so I loosely grabbed one end and it fell directly on the tip of my ring finger on my left hand. Immediate pain. Loaded the f***** thing and went home.

My finger swelled and I went to one of those urgent care places the next day. They drilled a hole in my nail to relieve the pressure and did an x-ray. My fingertip bone had cracked almost in two, split down the middle. Unfortunately there isn't anything they can do for that so I was sent home with some pain meds, which I didn't take, and it healed over time. Unfortunately the nerve healed funny and now when it gets to be about 30 degrees F or colder, if I even brush that finger against something I feel intense pain for about a minute.