View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 10:53 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Ian....

I myself have been a victim of criminals (SCUM). While I was in my early 20s and doing the Albany Polish Community Shows with Ed Keetz, someone stole a 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth out of my showcase (I had gone to bathroom and to get a bite and my friend was watching table!) and no he did not take the card! There were other big thefts that day. That hurt a lot.

As a baseball card store owner in the 1990s in Vermont, I was burglarized at night to the tune of about $10,000 in cards with a huge hole in my wall (where they smashed the drywall (I guess that is the preferred mode of entry when you have steel double locked doors). Try convincing an insurance company that cards are worth what they are worth! That really sucked.

Hang in there. This card is unique enough that it may surface and if anyone on here sees it, then you will get it back I'm sure.

I will pay this forward and do a good deed for you. Please PM me your mailing address and you will then get a free surprise sports card gift from Vermont. No charge. No gimmicks. Just a way to help you in a little bit to see that the world is not all that bad. I do not even know what I will send you but will figure it out when you send me your address. Hit me up.

Thanks,

Peace, Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 08-15-2015 at 10:56 PM.