View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 04:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
Why would anyone even have to use a fake name to participate on a chat board??? So weird. I love the fact that we have to use our real name and be verified and held accountable for what we say.
it is not “so weird.” I bet it was 10 years that I lurked on this board before registering. I just didn’t feel comfortable handing over personal info just to talk about baseball cards. after I semi-retired and had more time on my hands, I decided to go ahead and register. I never thought about registering under a fake name, but I can understand why someone would do it.

as for The inconsistencies, that is one of the consistencies of this board. there are a large number of members who routinely post opinions with no name on their posts. oldjudge has more than 3000 posts and is quite active praising and bashing companies and people yet none of his posts currently contain his name. I don’t mind the rule now, and when I did, I chose not to post. it would be nice if the rule was enforced for everyone, especially when it is touted all the time.