Thread: T
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 01:50 PM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandimanAuctions View Post
Chris,

I know you are dying to know what happened with the famous e-check so here's what actually happened. The e-check didn't bounce. We placed a stop payment on it with our bank when we found out that the owners of that company are apparently sharing our personal information without our permission. We won't do business with a company that is willing to hand out their customers personal information like that without their permission. Would you?

Daniel
I'm curious about this. I'm unsure of how the timing worked out. How long does it take an e-check to clear the bank of the person who sent it? How did you find out the owners of the company are sharing personal information? Is it posted on their site such that you should have seen it before you made the deal? How long after you sent the e-check did it take you to find out about the dissemination of your personal information? Is it ethical to back out of a deal after the fact like you did?

But the most important question is, if you won't do business with a company that hands out your personal information (and apparently feel strongly enough to cause you to claim you reneged on the deal), would you do business with a company that willingly accepts, nay, asks for personal information about other people without their knowledge?

From the thread Candiman Auctions Explained (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=252144), post #18:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandimanAuctions View Post
Hi Patrick,

Since this is our first auction we asked our consignors if they would provide us an email list of people they have dealt with in the past that they thought might be interested in the auction. Your email address must have been on the list that either they gave us or one of our other consignors. It is not easy starting an auction site and we have tried to utilize every option to reach as many people that would possibly be interested in bidding in the auction. Our company operates nothing like they did. We are here to do things the right way. The only way to do that is to be open and honest like Leon advised me to do with this thread. I hope I am able to answer everyone's questions and ease their concerns. We love this hobby and really want to be a part of it.

Thanks,

Daniel
Michael