View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 07:30 PM

Default The '' Poster''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
what did that poster sell for...if it's the same rosenthal it's a shame it was destroyed!
There were two posters sold as '' Worch '', one composed of Minneapolis Millers from 1935 , and the St. Paul Saints poster ; you can search the ''completed'' on E-Bay for the sale records with the original seller's information and photos and descriptions......... only some can be positively identified as '' 1933 Worch Cigar Premiums '' , most are portrait mug-shots with identical hand-printed white lettering and attributed to both the Minneapolis Star and the Minneapolis Journal : I've posted the Fabian Gaffke in the March Pick-ups , last week I believe...
---all the Saints' mug-shots have ''photo by Saint Paul Daily News'' while the two definitely-Worch issues use ''St. Paul'' instead of ''Saint Paul''....I haven't gotten a close look at the McManus yet--no time....the cleaning/restoration will take a while ; there were nineteen intact complete Saints and twenty Millers...I had been worried that they were all trimmed and pasted but as it turned out the large poster had pre-cut recessed holes and the complete photos were precisely placed onto the back , and perfectly fitted to the holes so that the white borders were not visible.....no damage beyond the 1930's thin narrow construction tape used on the edges of the blank backs to hold the photos in place......the tape is dry and brittle and the adhesive is barely holding the photos ......I'm being very careful with these as they are delicate and fragile and very much in need of a cleaning....