View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 01:36 PM
€d M!££w00D

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
Ed, you are my inspiration for using binders. I hadn't used binders in years until I started seeing your posts. I have also been back and forth over the years but now I am back to my roots: ungraded cards in binders, the way it was meant to be and not trying to impress anyone by doing so...just pure enjoyment. Good idea of holding them in topladers until you get enough to transfer them to the binder. Incidentally, I have been thinking about building a 1971 Topps set.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I 1000% agree with you. To me, this hobby is also for pure enjoyment. Good luck if you go after the 1971 set. I am having fun putting it together. I adjusted my tolerance levels just a bit re: corner wear due to the black borders. It hasn’t been terribly difficult to put together since I am willing to overlook a little chipping along the sides and corners. I still avoid creases, writing, etc. I am building it in the VG+ - EX range. I would suggest starting with the high numbers to knock them out. That is what I did and I found them about as tough as the more talked-about 1972 high numbers. It is a good feeling to know I have those out of the way. Again, good luck if you decide to pursue the 1971’s. Let me know if I can help with anything as you make your decision.

Ed