View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 04:49 PM
€d M!££w00D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
It's funny, what you call subsets my friends and I called "junk" cards. All the junk (checklists, leaders, World Series and such) went to the back. When you're a kid, it's so natural to set all of your cards apart by teams, because you are all about your team and who they're playing. My brothers and I hoarded Mets cards, because that was our hometown team. The Mets went in front. And if they were playing the Cubs that day, we'd grab our Chicago cards and 'scout' the team. When the game was going on we'd follow the players as the team made its way through the lineup and check out things like, "Hey, how did José Cardenal hit last year?"...or..."What happened to the guy on this card? Was he traded?"...or..."Hee hee, Pete LaCock. Don't let Mom hear you say that."

The older you get, your childhood teams vanish into the ether and you begin arranging your sets in numerical order...as you come to realize your innocence is lost. Whoa...that took a dark turn there. Too much?
Haha, good stuff Darren. Definitely not too much. I also began putting the cards “in order” as I got older. Love the “junk cards” part. I recall call them “special cards”; not sure why 🤔.

Ed