View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 05:40 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
I agree with the previous posters who commented that percentage of bids with PWCC is not necessarily evidence of shill bidding. I posted on here a few weeks that there were dozens of PWCC auctions that had bidders with many retractions; bidders with many retractions is much more damning, IMO, than bidding mostly with just PWCC.
I agree that bid percentage is not 100% evidence anymore. A few years ago I was bored and starting watching the bidding patterns of 3 big eBay sellers. They are also known acquaintances. They started sharing the shilling accounts to drop the %. Shill accounts are not only used to directly bump the price they are also used to get items more views. Notice all those small bids at the beginnings of auctions, most of those are shill bids also.

One of the main things I look for is a very high amount of bids and very low feedback. When you have someone that is placing 100's or 1000's of bids per month and has low feedback #s that is your shill accounts. If you watch certain eBay accounts they stick out like a sore thumb.