View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 10:15 AM
Shain

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
If Trout is like all the others before him , his SB's will go down a lot in the next few years (look at Canseco, Sosa, Soriano etc). In his 30's, his baserunning will no longer be an asset, in fact he has not had over 30 SB since 2013 (not over 30 for the last 5 years) !!! . 7 years and he has hit the 100 RBI mark 2 times (100,111) !!! I'm I missing something here, I know he is great, but that much above the others ???

I know he is a great player but I thought his stats were much better than this. Watching MLB Network I thought he was the greatest of all-time ( lifetime average is . 307 , you would think it was .350+ ).

Also I watch a lot of baseball games and I think most CF's are very good and fast. Not sure how some get rated higher than others, they all make great plays.

I know firstbasemen are rated lower, but they are in on most plays in the game ! Ground balls, double plays, fielding bunts, pickoff attempts from catcher and pitcher, throwing the ball to the pitcher , when the pitcher is covering first, scooping the balls in the dirt and saving runs etc.
He has no control over who's on base ahead of him when he hits. Asinine to blame him for low RBI totals.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk