Thread: PSA Vs. SGC
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster#1 View Post
I'm going to tell everyone a true story
I had over 100 sgc 88s pre war cards same set that were all graded by psa as 8s.
Pics are available..my friend hated psa and had them crossed to sgc
I bought the sgcs because they obviously were more reasonable
There were 3 huge collectors out there at one time that would buy psa 8s and tried to cross to sgc...why...I don't know. But didn't have huge success in crossing...they would resell the psa 8s and try to find better ones to get crossed to sgc 88s and had success with high grade 8s
I guess they saw a lot of shenanigans w psa in the early days.
I knew all the cards I purchased, were once psa 8s
So I sent many of them in to get crossed and remember...they were all upper 8s in PSA holders
And had not one crossed back to psa..Not one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It is pretty common knowledge that early on grading companies were over grading cards and now are doing a better job. Did you try to cross any of the PSA cards back to SGC 88? I don't see how they cost you money unless SGC won't regrade them at 88. In that case, you just over paid for over graded cards. Why didn't you put a minimum grade of 8 when you tried to cross back to PSA? I think that is what most would do unless you were doing a registry and just had to have them in PSA holders. I think we would all like to see scans to judge the condition for ourselves.