View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 09:03 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japhi View Post
He is a successful guy, he is not going to lose his mind on a message board over a card. He knows he can get recourse.

The concern is his collection is full of these top grade cards, and he is a buyer at almost any price. Brent probably saw him as a mark. One thing to buy cards that were alterted, quite another to be coached into buying altered cards. How many altered Moser cards did Brent walk him into? It would be personal for me.

I feel for the guy, followed his posts in CU he seems like a solid guy that loves the hobby. I hope he shares, at some point, his thoughts on all of this. We need a heavy hitter to step up and shine some light on this.
He said, I think, that he also discussed how high to bid with Brent. Ugh.

My own cynical prior comment:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm looking for an opinion on what to pay for a card, I am likely to ask someone other than the seller.
https://www.jamesspaethartwork.com/

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-08-2019 at 09:06 AM.