View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 09:22 PM
Tim Odeen

I remember running around the old wood baseball stadium in the early 1990s at the Billings Mustangs baseball games. The stadium was so beautiful to a 6/7/8 year old. My parents let my sister and me run wherever we wanted. What made it so cool was that the food vendors were all underneath the wooden grandstands. The team store was on right field side and the snow cones and hand spun cotton candy were on the left field side. When something exciting happened the noise was deafening underneath the wood as 1,000 people came to their feet and shouted. Before the games you could go crowd the season ticket holders and get autographs right above the team dugout. In 1994 a pitcher threw a perfect game. I went to the next game with the newspaper article to get signed, and also a team program. Although the pitcher never made it big, Aaron Boone was on that team and I still have those autographs. Today's stadiums are just so boring compared to that old rickety stadium that gave me so much freedom. And I can still remember the Marlboro Man peering over the outfield wall. I don't advocate smoking, but a cowboy in Montana is very symbolic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo