View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 09:51 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Not sure that much of the evolution of my collecting has to do with PWCC or other scandals at the higher end of things as I rarely buy cards of the sort that seem to draw the attention of the cheaters. I think I bought exactly one PSA 9 or 10 in the last two years and it was an impulse buy at the National last year. It may have more to do with a desire to have my cards in albums I can comfortably flip through at leisure. I built up a considerable slabbed collection, mostly with my own submissions, before realizing that slabs are too much work to store and look through. So I'd been replacing slabs with raw cards for most postwar mainstream issues over the last two years anyway.

As I get more time in the hobby under my belt I find that I'm also drawn more to rare issues than to the so-called condition rarities. Something that has a handful of known examples in any grade, yes please! Something that has 8,000 slabbed examples, not so much. And 8-9-10, who gives a damn? I would rather have a really nice looking card with a technical flaw like a wrinkle. The TPG thing is really just a useful tool for resale items as far as I am concerned because in eBay sales it seems to be needed to realize top dollar.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 06-14-2019 at 09:55 AM.