View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 12:43 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

Last month I went back to the flea market and came up empty. But today I re-visited, and picked up a few LPs. The first vendor said $4 each and I picked three records which he let me have for $10.
CSN&Y "Deja Vu"
Jethro Tull "Aqualung"
Carol King "Music"
I was thumbing through a stack of LPs when another customer pointed me to a certain vendor where I purchased 8 records for $10. I did make a big rookie mistake as the KISS "Destroyer" record actually had one of the two KISS "ALIVE" records inside. I pulled the record out to examine it, but failed to notice it was the wrong KISS album lol.
Beatles "Magical Mystery Tour" (even had the color booklet inside)
Cheech & Chong "Los Cochines"
Chicago "Greatest Hits" (new in shrink wrap)
soundtrack "Saturday Night Fever"
The Who "Who Are You"
Stevie Wonder "Songs In The Key Of Life"
KISS "Destroyer" (wrong LP inside)
KISS "Alive II"
I found another booth the records were $5 each but these seemed to be in nicer shape. But I had my hands full and made a trip out to my vehicle to unload previous purchases. I make my way back to this vendor and start to pull a few records out, when the guy told me that all the records were sold. Later I see all the records behind his booth with a guy going through them I chatted him up a bit, and find out he's a dealer and he had agreed to purchase 100 albums at a discounted price I did not find out what kind of a deal he got.
It's fun going to antique malls and flea markets with something to look for. I'm certainly not finding any vintage baseball cards lol!
Larry