View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
I guard my 1848 page 2011 SCD Standard Catalog, the last one with post 1980 listings. I do not like CDS or digital downloads. I am really old
Ah, come on, Al! A few years back, I would have turned my nose up on such a notion as a book on a CD. This old dinosaur adapted to a CD book very smoothly. It's easy. It works---beautifully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get the feeling collectors want things their way, or no way, as at a fast food joint. If they could hear their words and the tone of how they're coming across. Whilst I truly understand and can commisserate to a point, a collector must understand we are living in a changing world where our hobby is considered a thing of the past, not to mention chock full of opportunistic crooks. Publishers "ain't" interested in feeding us printed books about our subject.

So, when a book truly devoted to our a hobby and a great period of time in card production and collecting finally comes along, but it's on a CD, and said collectors bellyache as Curly did in ALL THE WORLD'S A STOOGE, "I don't like spinach!", it's all I can do not to spit back with, "It's time you start living with your thumb out of yo' mouth!"

Ooh, I guess I said it anyway.

Well, Al, you think about it. I know thirty smackers is not the issue with you. As I've told many others, I shan't think for a moment you will be disappointed.

Perhaps you can ask your friend Jacqueline Bisset her advice on the matter.

--- Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 07-19-2016 at 11:28 AM.