View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 09:46 AM
Dave

Man, do I dislike James Harden. Guy throws up 20 threes a game now, and also somehow nearly every time I look at a box score he's shooting as many free throws as the entire other team.

I've seen other teams play him and most have resigned themselves to either not guarding him at all when he drives the lane, or throwing their hands straight up in the air to make him go around them ala The Spurs.

There used to be a rule against flopping, but somehow they've made a rule in which the simple act of looking at Harden while he comically throws his body into yours, will get you whistled for a foul.

At least a player like Lebron tries finishing his plays and receives his fouls more honestly, by at least taking contact, even if he's initiating it. In the strange NBA we have right now, I respect a guy running through defenders blocking him out and getting a call, much more then a guy who throws himself towards defenders who aren't even occupying his lane.

15 years ago, Harden would be getting called for 10 Offensive fouls a game, with his present style. Don't understand myself how this is "good for the game".