View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 12:35 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default "I never committed a foul" Bill Lambert

Fouls are a huge problem for the NBA and not just recently.

Back in the days of the ironclad defense of the Pistons, Bill Lambert never committed a foul that he thought he deserved, but he was often in foul trouble and fouled out more than once. His abject disbelief whenever he was whistled for a foul occurred on 90%+ of the fouls he committed.

The big boys like Wilt and Shaq were human bulldozers who were never impeded gettin to the rim. If you were between them and the basket, you became road kill. Wilt and Shaq never got their share of offensive fouls in my opinion.

If you were a rookie or bench player guarding Michael Jordan or any other franchise player, questionable calls were never in your favor. Keeping Michael in the game was the unwritten rule.

Traveling also seems to be called inconsistently. 2, 3 or 4 steps seems to be okay at times. When the last dribble is above the foul circle and the basket counts, an air traffic controller should be on the officiating crew.

Doug Moe, Denver's coach in the 80s, was an early proponent of high scoring NBA basketball. His teams were okay, but often were defeated by high scoring opponents. He should be considered the father of the current NBA.

The impact of the three point line and how it has changed offensive basketball strategy suggests that additional lines might be considered. I'm not sure where though, just a thought.

I'll try to avoid this thread going forward, promise.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.