View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 09:38 AM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default I would sell

my 10, 30, and 40 for mid 450.'s in a heartbeat. If one is looking for a particular card their motivation is greater - and major auctions can be hit or miss - I always overpay for the last few cards I need :-) It's a crap-shoot for sure. One collector I know is chasing 3/4 sets including all the errors (he has most of them). That puts some pressure on the marketplace but requires competitors at least in an auction situation.
The error cards are mostly just dalliances except for the entrenched collector. It's a small market and a weak selling economy for most collectibles including many cards. There are many "errors" in the murky depths of 19th century non-sports although being a blue-chip set - the N2 errors get more attention than most. The truely mad collector should want the album with the errors too :-). Depending on the venue and a spin of the roulette wheel - 250.00 not out of the realm but still seems a bit high.
MOST OF THE DEMAND and consequentially the highest sale prices - are for high grade examples. It's not a terrible vg although clearly not top tier for the grade - I wish you good luck with it whatever you decide to do! Tough cards for sure.......

no guarantees whether written or implied