View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 05:22 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
What are your current projects? Matt, Jeff, and Larry (and everyone else), same for you. What are you all collecting right now? Do you guys like graded or ungraded? Condition wise do you go for high grade cards or lower grade cards?

For those of you building vintage football sets, are you extremely conscious about condition, or are you content to complete these sets?
For me, most of my sets are raw and range from VG to NM. I like to look at them and that's much easier in binders than if I had a ton of plastic. I have been slowly upgrading the stars / rookies in my sets to graded cards as I see good deals. Some of these sets I put together long ago and they are in rough shape so I try to upgrade cards in them when I'm at shows and there are binders / discount boxes. Trying to get rid of all creases in my cards over time.

I'm working on lots of different projects at once as I like to scour ebay and auctions every day. Here are a few of my on-going projects:

1. Upgrading my raw Topps AA set from G/VG to all PSA 8's just because I really like this set. Just started this effort so have a long way to go.
2. Upgrading my National Chicle set to at least PSA 7's
3. Upgrading my Mayo set to at least SGC 50's
4. Working on a run of NFL Championship team photos from 1920 - 1969 ... first 50 years of the NFL
5. Working on my first autographed card set ... Topps AA
6. Working on lots and lots of regional, odd ball, and team sets outside of the mainstream cards sets... much of this stuff is really hard to find so progress is slow
7. Actively looking for items associated with Red Grange, Jim Thorpe, Ernie Nevers, and Bronko Nagurski as I collect items specifically for these players too. Cards, RPPCs, vintage photos, matchbooks, memorabilia, etc.
8. Team photos of every college national championship team up until 1930.

jeff

Last edited by jefferyepayne; 11-29-2015 at 05:24 PM.