Thread: Bccg
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 08:59 AM

Default Changes to BCCG System

A BCCG 9 should be a BVG 7, 7.5, 8.0, or 8.5.

I'm not going to get into the same old argument we always do, but will add a couple notes below. I know many of you hate it. Yes, I wish the initial product had been rolled out with a different grading scale, but to change the scale itself now would only create chaos. No, it's not going away

We have made adjustments to clear up some of the problems, including:

1) Pre-1981 cards must now have a maximum HIGH book value of less than $300 to be eligible for BCCG grading. This rule applies regardless of condition—if the high Beckett value of the card is over $300, it must be graded under BVG standards.

2) We are working on label redesigns to bump up the condition (Poor, etc.) so it is even more obvious.

3) We instituted a code of conduct for large volume submitters and if we find anyone intentionally posting fuzzy scans, or misleading people to think that BCCG is the equivalent of BVG/SGC/PSA, that customer will be banned from submitting.

Also, as an FYI, the general scale is as follows (there may be some rare circumstances where it might be a half point different on a particular card):

BCCG 5 (Poor or Better) = BVG 1 or 1.5
BCCG 6 (Good or Better) = BVG 2 or 2.5
BCCG 7 (Very Good or Better) = BVG 3, 3.5, 4, or 4.5
BCCG 8 (Excellent or Better) = BVG 5, 5.5, 6 or 6.5
BCCG 9 (Near Mint or Better) = BVG 7, 7.5, 8 or 8.5
BCCG 10 (Mint or Better) = BVG 9, 9.5 or 10

Also, if you are resubmitting for BVG, I'd suggest you leave it in the case and just do a crossover, but that is up to you.

Sincerely,

Mark Anderson, Director
Beckett Grading Services

Last edited by GehrigFan; 05-24-2010 at 09:16 AM.