View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 09:50 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
For those who are disgusted by what has happened with third party grading, but still want to collect, why not consider some other kinds of baseball collectibles? There are many interesting areas other than cards, and it's just a matter of finding something that you find appealing.

Not for everyone, but something to think about.
I agree with this. In fact, I did just this a few months ago, prior to this scandal. My reasons had nothing to do with a bad sentiment towards the hobby, I had just gotten bored with what I was collecting. For me, I dove into signed checks (pretty hard to fake although it can be done), press photos and high grade HOF miscut cards. Since my passion is cards, I've had the most fun with the miscut cards. I buy what most people don't want and can usually pick them up very cheap. Here's a few that I've picked up so far. I don't think I paid more than $30 for any of these. The more miscut the better - I prefer to see part of another card - but it does have to be in otherwise very high grade condition. (If you have some for sale, hit me up )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg attachment.jpg (76.9 KB, 320 views)
File Type: jpg attachment2.jpg (63.9 KB, 325 views)
File Type: jpg attachment3.jpg (76.9 KB, 317 views)