View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 02:07 PM
Jim Makar

I noticed PWCC listing a 1950 Bowman PSA Jackie Robinson HE/PQ card. Wanting to compare and see if it justified the money, I compared it to others on eBay. Thats where I ran across this one. Of course this stirred a conversation with some dealers and collectors. The comments ranged from "The one being listed might also be suspect if it came from the same person"..."How or why would people pay thousands more on some cards just because a company attached a sticker saying it was pretty"..."PWCC should stick to consigment because you cant say a card is in the top 5% of all cards in its grade when you cant even spot an altered card"...."One or both companies should address this"...."Its bad enough getting burned by PSA, let alone add in an additional company and the total cost of the lose"....."PWCC should add in a disclaimer stating card isnt even guaranteed to be authentic or not altered" ect. I believe the reason why PWCC is being centered out is because in some cases, the card sells for double or triple of what the actual card is worth with just the grading company. Lets say a PSA graded Reggie Jackson rookie sells for $150 but it has really nice centering and would sell for $200. Add in the HE sticker and all of a sudden it does $600. Not only would you be mad you spent $200 on an altered card but you would be really mad if spent the additional $400 on top of that. People get upset when they lose money...maybe thats why some folks pay the big bucks to PSA and PWCC to know its a safe investment and one of the best possible choices.