View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 09:03 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
I generally pursue stock differences if recognized in the Standard Catalog or by PSA. But for 68 while I did the MB set I have not pursued the other back color differences in that set. I gave up on 1991 Topps a free pursuing different backs for awhile. I know there are many differences in many sets but at my age I am starting to wind down on the pursuit of variants. However I enjoy seeing all the stuff you and others post here
I've been doing the completely arbitrary and personal 'I collect a stock variety if it is apparent enough at a glance that I can tell in an eBay listing which version it is without zooming in'. I skip the superstars, getting a second Joe Sparma for thirty nine cents on COMC is a fun cross-off on my checklist, paying for another Hank Aaron isn't really worth it to me.

I'm getting pretty deep into the Milton Bradley's, mostly stuck on the 22 Hot Rod cards in the set. They aren't any rarer, but people just don't bother to sell them since they aren't worth much. I need the Ryan still....