View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 12:06 PM

Erik

Im glad you enjoyed the set. I enjoyed posting it as well.

Due to the rising ebay fees and such I put the set up for a higher price.

Probably won't sell there, as most ebayers like to feel they are getting the best deal regardless of condition or accurate descriptions.

Ive been busy adding cards to my UNISQUARE store (Almost 600 cards now)
With no fees I can offer great cards at a lower cost than on ebay. A prime example is the 73 Set. It is also listed in my UNISQUARE store for $100 less than the Ebay listing. The down side is, this new UNISQUARE AUCTION SITE has nowhere near the traffic Ebay does, but that's ok, I just enjoy scanning and putting up cards for collectors to see.

If anyone would like to checkout my UNISQUARE Store It can be viewed at the following link: http://www.unisquare.com/store/bigredone1944/

I know what you mean about many players of the past. As you said everyone knows Staubach, Bradshaw etc.... but what made the NFL so special back in the day was all the other great players and characters we all know as kids. You previously mentioned a few, but lets look at a few more.

All of these cards are from the set I have up for sale.

I was never a big Lions fan, but I always liked Greg Landry. At 6'4" 205lbs many might not think it, but he was very mobile for a big man.
In addition to his passing. He rushed for over 2600 yards and 21 touchdowns in his career, exceeding 500 yards on the ground in both 1971 and 1972, as well as averaging ten yards per carry in 1970 and scoring 9 touchdowns in 1972.

What a work horse he was for the Cowboys in the early seventies. One of my favorite Cowboys.

We all know the history of Joe Montana, But I often feel that John Brodie is often over looked when talking great QB's. His 49ers lost a few heatbreaking
playoff games.

Often over looked as well was Lydell Mitchell. He would go on to become the most versitle back in the league with 3 consecutive 1000 yd seasons as well
as leading the league in receptions in two of those same seasons.

"Tombstone" Jackson should be in the HOF. Jackson was famous for moves such as the "head slap" and the "halo spinner" which he used to subdue opposing offensive linemen. In the late Lyle Alzado's book "Mile High" he recalled Rich Jackson as the toughest man he'd ever met, and told the story of Jackson breaking the helmet of Green Bay Packer offensive tackle, Bill Hayhoe, with a headslap. Injuries cut his career short, Jackson will be remembered as a great one, only by a handful of football insiders, including those who lined up with and against him.

Some may question that Bob Hayes should be in the HOF. I say they are dead wrong!
His 7,295 receiving yards are the fourth-most in Dallas Cowboys history. To this day, Hayes holds ten regular-season receiving records, four punt return records and twenty-two overall franchise marks, making him one of the greatest receivers to ever play for the Cowboys.
Bob Hayes is the only person to win both an Olympic gold medal and a Super Bowl ring. Bob Hayes is most definitely a HOFer

And you mentioned Steve Owens, he rushed for 1,035 yards, becoming the first player in the history of the Lions' franchise to run for more than 1,000 yards in a single season, and was selected for the Pro Bowl. Owens was forced to retire in 1975, after a series of knee injuries plagued him from 1972 through his retirement in 1975.

John

Last edited by BigRedOne; 12-08-2013 at 01:22 PM.