View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 12:15 PM

Default '85 Topps Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Zach---do not have access to them in Ireland, but have this set in both regular back and blank back. The blank back are tougher and can be found in both tan and white backs. I also have the set half done in red only backs. Not sure if it can be completed that way. One of the toughest 80s sets to do, along with 82 Blackless and 88 Cloth and 84 Encased ( Head in Box)
Al,

I hate to tell you this, but I think your search for an entire set of one color red backs has not ended.

I saw some '85 Topps mini's on eBay. I emailed the seller and he indicated he has known people at O-Pee-Chee for 40 years and knows quite a bit about the set. He apparently even knew the O-Pee-Chee "archive administrator". He said they produced 90 sheets of '85 Mini's as a test set. The 90 sheets - which included 30 sheets with full color backs (each sheet containing 132 cards), 30 sheets were blank backs and 30 sheets were one color red backs. He indicated he has a full sheet of '85 mini's and this is the only full sheet as it was in their archives and used for reference purposes (presumably).

He also said the remainder of the cards all came from the original 90 sheets which were all individually cut from these sheets. He seemed to know what he was talking about.

ZWheat

Last edited by Zach Wheat; 06-05-2013 at 12:37 PM.