View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 01:02 AM
Scott Ti3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
I yawned about the Royals trade. However, this is their M.O. SP goes 5 innings, then the pen takes over. This approach may work for a year or two, but the pen is heavily taxed. A huge problem for KC is they don't have much in the farm to trade. So a big splash isn't likely to happen. KC needs to reel off a 15 game winning streak and get out of this 2 or 3 game behind the division leader, or tied up in a wildcard race. I believe they need to be sellers. NY would pay handsomely for Hosmer. Frazier in N.Y. is a huge mistake by Cashman in what was given up.
I think they are hoping they can get one last run before they lose all the free agents. I wish them luck and I wouldn't mind seeing another World Series coming to the state of Missouri!

I understand your feeling about wanting them to be sellers. I feel the same way about the Cardinals this year. So many fans & local sports talking heads think this team still has a chance at the playoffs and I just don't see it. There are just so many flaws with the roster. Even if we could trade for the big bat we need (every one here wants Stanton, Stanton doesn't want us from reports I read!) that does not fix the horrible team defense and the miserable bullpen. I say sell the pending free agents for some prospects and pray that someone would be willing to take Matt Carpenter and his contract off your hands. Re-tool and bring up some of the kids. I have been watching Cardinal baseball since 1981 and other than the last few years that the brewery owned the team (and didn't give a rats ass about it) this is the worst Cardinal team I have ever seen.