View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 08:40 PM

Default 1932-33 signed album sheet- need help, please

Hey guys...
Here is a sheet I acquired a long time ago, and I don't recall who I got it from, but I have had it some 30+ years. It may have been from an auction in SCD. If it is real, it may be the single most valuable autograph item I own. If it is fake, well at least I didn't break the bank to buy it.

One side says "19 New York @ Boston 33" and all the players appeared on the Yankee roster in 1933 except 2: Johnny Broaca who was with Newark (Yankee AA) in 1933 and Bob Fothergill who played for Boston in 1933 but was released on July 7 after appearing in 28 games for Boston.

The other side says "1932"and the players are not from a single team. Levey, Goslin, Melillo and Bengough were teammates on the 1932 Browns, and Alexander and Weiland were together on the 1933 Red Sox. Swede Hanson was a pro-football player and played for mostly the Philadelphia Eagles in the 1930s. The bottom 2 autographs, Bill Dinneen and Bill McGowan, were AL umpires during that time, McGowan later being named to the HOF.

(Despite the appearance of a size difference, it is 2 sides of the same sheet. I reduced the size of one side by mistake)

I'm curious about that the net54 community thinks about this piece and any observations as to the authenticity of the signatures. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1933 sheet.jpg (76.7 KB, 278 views)
File Type: jpg 1932 sheet.jpg (64.5 KB, 279 views)