View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 07:31 AM
C@rl P@rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
The other big thing to consider is that the card was regularly cut short from the factory, and PSA will send them back ungraded because of "MINSIZREQ" (it didn't meet the minimum size for this set). So people who try PSA and don't get a grade normally send it in to BGS. Many BGS cards that are 9s won't cross to a PSA 9 because of this.
I was never aware of this and it got me wondering if there is a particular red flag on the card for PSA, aside from an actual measurement. It seems the shortness is most pronounced on the ball and the NY on Jeter's cap. My two Jeters are in the pic. I can only measure about a 1/64th difference in the size of my cards, but clearly the ball is clipped off in my Beckett...which is the nicer overall card of the two I own (PSA 8.5 and Beckett 9). My PSA has an awful surface blemish that always bugged me so I ended up eventually getting the other one. Now I am bugged about the size, haha. I still think it is in the threshold of "acceptable" size, but who knows.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (20.8 KB, 141 views)

Last edited by KingFisk; 02-05-2017 at 07:34 AM.