View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 08:16 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan73 View Post
Man did he turn down your autograph request or what? LOL

I don't watch as much basketball as I used too (I was a big fan towards the end of Bird/Johnson era and the hay day of Jordan, Malone, Barkley, Olajuwon, Drexler etc...

That being said Lebron is one of the best damn players I have ever seen. Biggest negative I have to say about him was the "The Decision". But that was just a dumb marketing/Pr thing that didn't work the way he and his handlers thought it would. But that being said it did raise a ton of money for charity, so it's not all bad!

I would love to see where the Cavs would have been if he had never played for the team. How many NBA Finals did they reach before James? How many after he left? I think that number would be 0! I believe the Heat only had one Finals appearance w/o James.

Let's not forget about how he carried the 2006-2007 Cavs to the NBA Finals. That might be the worst team to ever make it to the finals. I watched a lot of their games that year as a local guy Larry Hughes was on the team and what James did was amazing!
In recent memory that Iverson led Sixer team was worse than that 2006-2007 Cavs team.

as far as the Heat only having one Finals appearance w/o James....they would have had ZERO finals appearances without Wade....

That being said, I hate Lebron..but i would of said nobody could of lived up to the hype he had coming out of high school and heck he exceeded it. He made a lot of money for young ballers that some people thought could be the next lebron and failed... The game is changing.....tons of 3s.... its a different game today, even Jordan would of had problems if his opponents made 25 threes in a game against him.... its amazing Lebron still is impacting the game like he does with all these changes..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-25-2017 at 08:18 AM.