View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Tony Ooten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abravefan11 View Post
That's a good example of why you need to be careful with statistics. If very few of the people participating in the super set focus on SC150-25's then the numbers will be low for that back. However if the largest known brown Hindu collection was included it would seem as though it's more common than it is.

Even as helpful as statistics are you can not rely solely on them and should consider the real world experience of collectors like Jim R. and Brian W. when ranking the scarcity of backs.
Tim,
Fair enough and good point.......I think I am putting more stock in the real-world list than in the numbers I'm seeing...........I suppose that's why I'm asking the question......because I'm doubting some of the statistics that I see surfacing as I try to make some sense of the puzzle with my limited resources.

There must be some data that Jim and Brian and others have collected to back up in their own minds the way they perceive their real world experiences.

Just curious if those data are available for sharing......

I think I've seen in a thread that the top group and the bottom group on the list are pretty consistent with the middle bunch varying depending on many factors, Just wondering how big the gap is between each slot in the rankings, that's all....

I appreciate your time to respond!

Tony