Thread: 1975 Hostess
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse9 View Post
Thanks for the update Zack.

It still doesn't explain why the three card panels numbered between 82 and 99 are so hard to find compared to the rest of the set. The easy culprit to blame would be the product they were exclusively (?) printed on. Was it on Ho-Hos and thus are damaged, or on an unpopular product? Another reason?
Hostess clearly intended the cards to be produced in equal numbers - presumably this carried over into producing the panels in equal numbers as well. However, I feel the original intent was more difficult to create in reality. It appears that there were more than 1 printer - and each product had different print configurations because of the product differences ie ingredients, photographs and even layout of the cards.

I suspect the rarity of certain sheets had more to do with the popularity of the products and how the printer printed panels in "batches". If you look on eBay you will find a seller selling 100+ unused Hostess boxes of the same players. I suspect this occurred because the printers and/or ITTC did not print the panels 1-150, but rather the panels were printed in batches of a single panel at a time and then used accordingly.

Good question that remains unanswered.....

Z

Last edited by Zach Wheat; 01-07-2017 at 08:25 AM.