View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 10:49 AM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
I don't think you will see states going after small retailers. It took South Dakota's levels to get 5 votes in the Supreme Court. Anthony Kennedy, who was the driver of this case, praised South Dakota for taking a moderate approach. He also pointed out that states may not place undue burden on interstate commerce. Trying to collect sales tax on every online sale with individuals would certainly fit. Probstein and PWCC will be affected. Most eBay sellers will not.
Sorry to be a contrarian, but unfortunately, I suspect that in the not too distant future, we will see eBay adding sales tax to ALL invoices from ALL sellers, except for purchasers who are exempt because they are resellers. Being a huge organization, it should not be difficult for eBay to do this. eBay would transfer the sales tax info to PayPal so that PayPay can collect the taxes and remit them periodically to all the state and local jurisdictions on behalf of ALL the eBay sellers. Being a huge organization, it should not be difficult for PayPal to accomplish this. While eBay sellers will thus not be burdened, I assume that eBay and/or PayPal will increase their fees to sellers for handling the sales tax collections and remittances.
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.