View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 01:56 PM
Den*nis O*Brien

Default Frank's Fee Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetBuilder View Post
I just took a look at the National list of autograph tickets.

http://www.tristarproductions.com/National/tickets.html

Take a look at Frank Robinson for example. $229 for a regular ticket, and $39 for an inscription ticket. It says that you can pick a career achievement but no personalizations.

Why ban personalizations? Forgers have it so easy now. All they have to do is execute the signature and maybe a number or two.

The industry has picked up some pretty bad habits over the years, IMO. This isn't the way autograph collecting was done in the past.
I was trying to think of something "Snarky" to say about Mr. Robinson's $229.00 charge but instead I submit the scan of his auto (if not spousal) that was offered a decade or more ago for $2.95 + a buck postage. I guess that his auto value has dramatically increased over the years because he says so. I would submit that I treasure the ball and exhibit card that Cub great Johnny Schmitz signed for me at his kitchen table while talking about sitting in the Bull Pen when the "Shot heard around the world" took place than the "Cattle Call" that has been discussed here. If anyone needs a Frank Robinson auto...consider the hot dog cards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190211_0002.jpg (77.1 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190211_0003.jpg (73.9 KB, 46 views)