Thread: Dilema
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 05:06 PM
Tony

Default Dilema

so here's the background; I am going through my 35 years of collecting (from 30's on) and submitting stuff for grading for resale purposes. When it's all said and done I will probably grade somewhere in the neighborhood of 20k-40k cards, just because of the volume I have acquired. In the past year I've sent in about 2500-3500 cards; I average about 100-300 cards/month depending on special, what I find & finances. Another order of 30's-50's popped today. I am generally off by 1 grade; cards I expect a 8 get a 7, expect 7 get a 6; expect 4 get 3 or a 2{which baffles me because I don't even submit anything that is not clean or at least vg/ex}. I never expect a 9 or 10 but I have got them. Every Order, there are least 5-10% of the cards that are significantly under-graded in my opinion; many times their commons but sometimes stars. I use a lighted loop. On some of these cards there is a big $ difference between 5/6/7 and an 8 etc or even between a 2 and a 4/5.

so here is the dilema; Do I crack and resubmit, {which will be costly} does this generally yield better results than review? or do I try to review? or do I just grin and bear it, and hope things improve as I get better? I was wondering if I gave to AH if they would crack and resubmit. Thoughts appreciated.