View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Default Beware! There is a nasty password stealer on ebay

Posted By: Bob

As work ended a little while ago, I sat down at my secretary's desk to use her computer as mine was being fixed. I went to ebay and because she obviously doesn't have the prewar cards bookmarked, I had to go through the long laborious route of clicking on ebay.com, Sports, then cards, then MLB cards, etc. Well I clicked on Sports, the major category, and immediately a full page of auctions appeared featuring a scantily clad woman pulling down her panties for the gallery pictures. I thought this was a new low, even for ebay, but when I clicked to go to the auction to see what the heck was going on and how this could be remotely related to sports memorabilia and cards, the usual box popped up asking for id and password. like a moron, I typed it in and then suddenly realized what was happening. I immediately proceeded to get off, get back on again and go change my password in record time. The thing is, this password stealer is fantastic. Whoever the maggot was who devised it has all the ebay look alike pages identical to the real thing, so tread very carefully if something weird like this pops up.