View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 07:45 AM
Arthur R!ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Since they're graded by Beckett, they should be real and free from alterations. Just make sure you know that BCCG 8 = Excellent (5) or better, 9 = Near Mint (7) or better, and 10 = Mint 9 (well maybe 8.5?) or better.
Beckett offers no guarantee that BCCG cards will cross to BGS slabs, so I wouldn't bet that they would cross to an entirely different company's slab, no. I've heard of BCCG cards get kicked back from Beckett for being trimmed when they were submitted to BGS.

There are finds to be... uh, found, in BCCG slabs but you better have a great scan to examine if you're not looking at it in-hand and I would put the odds at less than in your favor. If someone is using BCCG they either don't know what they're doing or, worse, they do.

The one thing BCCG slabs are good for is gauging size. They interior case is universal so they're good for seeing exactly the size of a card like Star Basketball. BGS slabs offer room on all sides so it can be difficult to gauge the borders on Star basketball if you don't know what you're looking at. With BCCG you can see exactly how big (or small) the card really is and make your own estimations from there. Because lately I'm seeing a LOT of trimmed Star basketball cards in BGS slabs.

Arthur

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx

Last edited by HasselhoffsCheeseburger; 12-23-2018 at 07:46 AM.