View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 06:47 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocca001 View Post
On the new side for this thread... I recently picked up two less common 1981 49ers pennants. You have to laugh a bit at the Western Division Champions pennant. It is as if they did not expect to win any playoff games and were just really excited about winning the divsion. They had been pretty bad at the end of the 1970s, so I get it. It must not have had a very long shelf life, as NFC Champions and Super Bowl Champions pennants followed over the next few weeks (some in great number)

I've also posted pics of two 1981 49ers pennants that I am still chasing (if anyone happens to have them)
Funny...I almost bought that 1981 NFC West Champs pennant last week. There's one for the Bengals that year too so I'm wondering if they made those for the Super Bowl participants. I haven't seen any other teams from 1981.

There is a similar Eagles pennant from 1980 (Super Bowl participant that year) but I don't think I've seen one for their opponent, the Oakland Raiders.

Your NFC Champs pennant if very cool and very rare. But the roster pennant you pictured is near impossible. I've had that one my radar for years and have never seen one.