View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 08:05 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Bill you should watch the games, not just read the stat sheet. After all these years, and titles, and comeback victories, with innumerable different receivers, with or without decent running backs, with Gronk playing or not playing, it doesn't seem to matter, there is no question in my mind he is the greatest QB ever. The more interesting discussion is about the rest of the top 5, or 10.
I remember when football was a game played by the players, before their helmets were headsets and the real quarterbacks called their own plays.

Now you have offensive coordinators, defensive coordinators, all with access to instaneous video of what the other team is doing in alignments and reactions to each other. Every team has a plethora of coaching personnel both on the sideline and in the press box.

The NFL has become a giant video game orchestrated from off the field. Yeah, they can call audibles before the snap, but many of these can be communicated from off the field.

Let’s face it, the players are like pawns on a chess board. Does anyone ever talk about the best bishop or rook of all-time? Does anyone think that Brady or Rodgers is a queen? Hell no.

Is any quarterback solely responsible for calling dumb ass play that costs team a game? Rarely if ever.

In my opinion the responsibility for the Patriots run falls squarely on the shoulders of the man in the hoodie, Bill Belichick.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.