View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 11:09 AM
Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
Yes and it too is pretty unnecessary. Posting a PM sent post will likely be seen after an email of that actual PM is received in this day where 99% of us are wired into our email 24/7.
Actually this is exactly why I use the "PM sent" option and will continue to do so. If a member is not logged onto Net54 they will receive instant email notification that a member is interested in something that they have for sale.

If they do not have email notification then when they do decide to log onto Net54 it will automatically respond with a pop-up window informing them that they have a PM waiting to be read.

We have some members here who do not log onto Net54 everyday and their B/S/T threads go unnoticed until they log on days or weeks later.

So a "PM sent" message is my way of covering the bases. If a member has something for sale/trade, they could possibly get an email notification or a pop-up window when they log on. If those two functions fail, then they will see my "PM sent" message and know that I'm interested in something they have for sale/trade.

Jantz