View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 08:45 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
I don't understand the "earn a living, but not playing baseball " line. If he had an overwhelming talent for architecture, would you let him do that? Or can he only earn a living at something menial and demeaning? What is the line? And please don't tell me it's a "privilege" to play pro sports, not with all the A-Holes people cheer for today.

I think this is such a difficult dilemma, but to me, if he deserves a second chance, he deserves it at what he does best. His crime was against a child, so keep him away from children (which he appears to have been doing in college ), but I think he deserves to play.
baseball is more of a public domain that being an architect...you need a community to support a baseball team...tax dollars...bringing familiies for family day....tons of special days and events for the public....

there isnt children run the bases after someone submits architecture plans...

again, i am on the fence in this..but you cant deny there is a difference in earning a living as an architect versus making millions based on public support in an entertainment type business. He doesnt have to have a job thats demeaning...but earning a living doesnt have to be playing baseball..he can earn a living doing many other non demeaning things..even making millions and millions of dollars...but earn a living doesnt mean have to play MLB baseball..

and dont say there is politics in baseball.....there are many players that dont get a chance to play based on certain politics.(country they are from, who their agent is...alleged PED)..and not being able to play because of being a convicted child molester would not make make him more sympathetic than others

Perception is reality...and being in your face everyday playing baseball to the many cheers of the public is tough to stomach versus working in the back office submitting blueprints..even if he makes 10 million as an architect

Serving your times means something..but it doesnt mean you have no consequences in the future..

He could be a tax dodger or had many other types of crimes...but sex predator...after all i can see someone being convicted of some bad felony and attempt to get a job by saying 'its not like i was a convicted child molester' as a reason to have a second chance

you are entitled to have a second chance at life...but you arent entitled to have a second chance in everything........ i am a fan of giving people first chances (people who did not commit child molestation crimes) versus giving second chances......

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 06-30-2018 at 08:49 AM.