View Single Post
Old 06-28-2002, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Default When you dance with the devil....

Posted By: Bob

O.K. I should have known better. I know all about Alan Hager (ah collectibles) but when he offered a 64 Topps proof Stand Up (albeit in an ASA holder) and also a T205 Fromme in EX also in the ASA holder, I bit. I decided maybe he had changed his spots and was willing to give him a try. Yeah, right. The "proof" was simply an unperforated Stand Up and there are almost as many of those floating around as perforated ones. He did say for $5.00 extra he would send me a xerox one page letter from Topps saying that they were selling proofs (although mine of course wasn't specifically mentioned). $5.00 for a copy of a form letter! What a deal! On to Fromme. Same old story, too thin width-wise, looking like a trim and a crease in the upper corner which didn't appear in the scan. (My first rule of card collecting is that cards graded EXCELLENT NEVER HAVE CREASES)I should have known better and consider myself properly booted in the posterior.
Don't worry guys, I won't be buying any PRO graded cards, I haven't completely lost it.
Take care. Twins up by 7 in the AL Central yet continue to have almost zero airtime on SportsCenter or Baseball Tonight which buries them down there with Milwaukee, Pittsburg and Kansas City highlights.