View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Default A Trend? Or is This the Way the Board has Become?

Posted By: barrysloate

Al said what I was thinking but said it better than I could have. I've been posting regularly on the board now for two or three years and I've seen a lot of people come and go. And as such, new personalities carry on with posting. And everybody has individual likes and dislikes. Some people love the "show me your Nap Lajoie" cards or something like that. Personally, I find them boring and often don't even open them.

And so what. I participate in threads that interest me. Some are directly related to vintage cards, and some are discussions of important hobby issues. I do agree with Lee, Tim, Shawn, and others that there are too many off topic posts, and that lies solely in the hands of the person who starts them. But can I still feel free to respond? I know the Joe Torre thread was off topic but I've followed the Yankees all year, so can't I offer an opinion or two?

I think this is the current state of the forum: threads about baseball cards mixed in with threads about other general baseball topics. And yes, of course Seinfeld and rock music find their way in too. Hey, in the end we're just a bunch of friends who like to chat. So we jump the tracks once in a while, that's life.