View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Default A Trend? Or is This the Way the Board has Become?

Posted By: Al Simeone

Hi Lee,
While I understand your concern I myself dont think the knowledge base really has gone down . What I have seen when the knowledge on a perticular subject is needed the veteran posters( now most probably lurkers) but are still out there respone with some great answers because they now see a subject post they can be helpful with, and become posters and thread helpers once again. You have to keep in context that not everyone is lets say for sake of arguement in there 60s and 70s. You have alot of younger people trying to learn about the hobby but in the same token love to talk about some of the more intresting "subjects" that evolve very quickly I.E. Joe Torre leaving. Maybe thats the post they are able to handle and get there feet wet so to speak. but as a veteran dont jump down thier throat and say hay that not suppose to be posted here! You are a purist and as such its hard for you to let go of the "pure" baseball talk CARDS. Expand a little Lee its more healthy for you. Your knowledge is vast and needed on many card subjects but AS AN OBSERVER most everyone knows your stance on advertisers time to put it to rest and try and enjoy this forum!