View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Administrator

Default A Trend? Or is This the Way the Board has Become?

Posted By: JakeB

I'm a huge modern baseball fan... October 20 2007, 11:23 PM

...but I don't come here to read the dirt on Torre or ARod. If you want to talk current baseball, I agree, it should be done someplace else.
================================================== ===========================

Agree 100% with this statement. However, I made a similar point in the Torre thread the other day and low and behold, I am told that the originator of the thread has posted for a long time on here now and talked about pre war baseball cards. Well, I've now seen a few O/T threads from that poster and he never shows back up to respond at all. However, since he's been here awhile, it's apparently alright to do as you please.

I remember started a couple of threads in the past relating specifically to pre war cards. I may as well have attached cinder blocks to the threads they dropped so fast. I will say though that I did get one response.
"This topic has been discussed before. Use the search function."

Yeah, well, that's great and all, but if some of you want the lurkers to come to light and post as well as some new people, maybe the topic can be discussed again for those that are new to it. Maybe something new was discovered with that particular set. God knows the debate of bidding practices has had multiple threads. Maybe if people were a little more helpful and friendly, the lurkers would come out and new people would be more likely to hang around.

So what if some of the old people don't come back. Nobody is going to be here forever. Ever hear of out with the old and in with the new?