View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammus View Post
I follow some sets very closely and other caramel sets not at all, heh...but for the ones I follow - e103s, e98s, e90-3s, etc... it seems as those cards have really dried up and sellers are hanging on to them. You don't see a lot of e103s made available nowadays except for the few on Ebay that have been there for months. e98s are plentiful if you're looking for HOFers. I'm looking for commons and there's very little available. Even the most common of e98 commons (ie..Dooin) are very difficult to come by. I've seen a few more e90-3s and e97s made available lately so maybe those sets is starting to come around a bit.

Was thinking about doing a Master set of the 120 (incl. Cicotte) commons for the e94 set. Yikes, sounds like I'd have a lot of competition though!

I usually never try to disuade any collector from collecting anything but I really don't think you want to try a non-HOF master set. I am down to a handful of color variations and haven't added a card in almost 2 years because certain color variations either don't come up ANYWHERE or maybe don't exist. It's very frustrating. You also end up paying too much for low grade cards because if one does come up, you know you will probably never see another. I agonized over buying the violet Cobb with borders trimmed off but decided not to pull the switch. I have 5 color variations of the Murray card, for example, but am not sure if a violet background one even exists! Very frustrating......